Students currently eligible for Free Lunch, whose family is currently receiving aid under Article IV of the Illinois Public Aid Code or whose parent is serving active military duty or was injured or killed while serving active duty in any branch of the United States Military may qualify for a Fee Waiver.
If you believe you may qualify for a fee waiver/ free lunch for the 2022-23 school year, the following documents will be needed as part of the application process:
- A current letter from the Department of Human Services for SNAP or TANF benefits that includes a case number and names of all persons covered OR
- 2021 Income Tax Return including corresponding W-2 forms(s).
- The student MUST be listed as a dependant on the 2021 tax return
- Medical benefits only will NOT qualify for a Fee Waiver
- Deadline for the Fee Waiver application is 30 days from the student's first day of school
- District 230 verifies the information submitted to be approved for a waiver
- Fee Waiver/ Free Lunch does not rollover to each school year, you must re-apply for the new school year
District 230 uses the State of Illinois Direct Certification process to determine families who are automatically eligible for Free Lunch. These families are receiving assistance under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and/or the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).
Families who are automatically eligible for Free Lunch will receive notification from the school district prior to the start of the new school year. Student registration fees for that year will be waived.
Families who are not part of the SNAP or TANF program may qualify for Free Lunch. These families should complete the Fee Waiver/Free Lunch application and submit the required documents.