It is course registration time for Juniors, Sophomores & Freshman. All course registration appointments will be done virtually on a google meet with your Guidance Counselor. Please check your school email for the invitation to your course registration appointment. Please click YES to accept that invitation so your guidance counselor knows you received it.
Juniors (2022)- Friday, Jan. 15th to Friday, Jan. 22nd
Sophomores (2023)- Monday, Jan. 25th to Friday, Jan. 29th
Freshman (2024)- Monday, Feb. 1st to Friday, Feb. 5th
Students should review 2021-2022 teacher course recommendations in skyward under the "student portfolio" tab. Any questions please contact your student's guidance counselor.
Incoming Freshman (2025)- Saturday, Feb. 6th- Additional information/specifics will be shared with incoming students and their families in the near future.
FAFSA Graduation Requirement
Completion of the FAFSA is now a requirement for graduation in the State of Illinois. Federal Financial Aid forms are available for completion at www.fafsa.gov. Parents and students are required to use their tax information from 2019 while completing the form. Those choosing not to complete it, will be required to complete the ISBE Waiver Form and submit it to Ms. McFarland (email@example.com).
FAFSA COMPLETION WORKSHOPS-Various dates in January 2021 will be scheduled.
SENIORS-Class of 2021
- HOW TO COMPLETE THE COMMON APPLICATION VIDEO
- SENIOR INFORMATION PACKET
- SENIOR ADVISORY PRESENTATION
- SENIOR COLLEGE FAQ
- Test Optional College List
- List of College/University Testing Policies for Admission (SAT/ACT)
- SAT & ACT UPCOMING NATIONAL TEST DATES
- Conquering College Costs- Financial Aid/Scholarship Video
- NCAA ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY COVID UPDATE- AUGUST 18, 2020
- Request for Letter of Recommendation Form- please remember to check if the college you are applying to requires a letter of recommendation?
Juniors-Class of 2022
Sophomores-Class of 2023
Freshmen-Class of 2024
General Information for 2020-2021
Sandburg Guidance Department uses REMIND ME text service for delivering important information to each class. Sign up instructions:
Class of 2021: text @96kh23 to the number 81010
Class of 2022: text @6c6e7d to the number 81010
Class of 2023: text @4gfg9 to the number 81010
Class of 2024: text @2024cs to the number 81010
DISTRICT 230 FALL VIRTUAL COLLEGE REP VISITS
1. Find a college visit you want to attend on the calendar below.
2. Sign up to attend the VIRTUAL visit here: D230 STUDENT VISIT SIGN UP FORM
3. Students that sign up will receive an email with a ZOOM link to attend the virtual college meeting!
FALL 2020 COLLEGE VISIT CALENDAR
Any student interested in meeting with the U.S. Army recruiter on FRIDAY, December 11TH during lunch hours can sign up HERE!