The S4 initiative (successful schools/successful students) is a district-wide goal of connecting students to their desired career path through a variety of opportunities. The Andrew counseling staff assists students in their career development through:
The Andrew guidance staff refers to student's "post-secondary plans" with that language intentionally, because we strongly believe that life after high school is not a "one-size-fits-all" model. We support students who are planning to enter the workforce and encourage them to consider opportunities in the trades. Below are criteria, contact information, and timelines for union apprenticeship opportunities.
- Illinois Career Information Services- A great resource for career search!
Click on "Illinois Residents" tab
Click on "CIS High School"
Select "Tinley Park" for City/Town
Enter "60487" Zip Code
- mymajors.com- a student can research careers, educational requirements, and colleges.
- bls.gov/ooh- the occupational outlook handbook can help students find career information, on the job duties, educational and training information, salary/pay, and outlook for hundreds of professions.
Work Permit Procedures
1. Applications for a work permit can be picked up in the Guidance Office front desk
2. Student completes top portion of the form. Employer completes Statement section or provides a signed letter of intent to on company letterhead.
3. Statement of Physical Fitness is signed by School Nurse
4. Parents sign application in-person in the Guidance Office
5. Certificate of Employment is filed with the Illinois Department of labor by the Guidance Office