The Andrew guidance department strongly believes that life after high school is not a "one-size-fits-all". We support students who are planning to enter the workforce, trades, two-year institution, four-year insitution, and the military. We believe in encouraging the passion and the path it takes to get there. We work with our students through various mediums of career exploration.
SchooLinks is a modern, college and career readiness platform. It helps students prepare for what comes after graduation. Students can discover their interests and strengths. They can explore colleges and careers. SchooLinks helps them create a personal plan that best reflects their post-high school goals. Students at Andrew High School will use Schoolinks to organize their college search, send transcripts, and much more! Log on today by clicking the link above.
Union Apprenticeship Programs
Click here to review information regarding qualifications and application procedures.
Other helpful resources
- Illinois Career Information Services- A great resource for career search!
Click on "Illinois Residents" tab
Click on "CIS High School"
Select "Tinley Park" for City/Town
Enter "60487" Zip Code
- mymajors.com- a student can research careers, educational requirements, and colleges.
- bls.gov/ooh- the occupational outlook handbook can help students find career information, on the job duties, educational and training information, salary/pay, and outlook for hundreds of professions.
- https://www.careerpathways.net/- Directory of Chicagoland Career Pathways
- https://www.onetonline.org/- O* Net Online, is a free career exploration and job analysis tool for students, job seekers, and more (Sponsored by the US Department of Labor)
- https://imeccareerpathways.org/- Careers in Manufacturing in Illinois
Work Permit Procedures
1. Applications for a work permit can be picked up in the Guidance Office front desk
2. Student completes top portion of the form. Employer completes Statement section or provides a signed letter of intent to on company letterhead.
3. Statement of Physical Fitness is signed by School Nurse
4. Parents sign application in-person in the Guidance Office
5. Certificate of Employment is filed with the Illinois Department of labor by the Guidance Office