Science Academic Support
Need assistance in your Science class?
Check out the following resources available to you.
Your Science Teacher
- Your teacher would be happy to assist you and can help you decide if any of the options below would be beneficial to you.
Period 2 Intervention
- All teachers are available to assist students during Period 2 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Fridays during the school year.
Charger Learning Center (CLC)
- Staffed by teachers and student tutors, the CLC is open during all lunch periods for students who desire tutoring in these subjects: English, Science, Social Studies, and Math. Students can report directly to Room 605 during their study hall period in order to take advantage of this intervention.
Evening Review Sessions
- Students are encouraged to ask their Science teacher if he/she holds review sessions during the evening.
- Evening Review Session Calendar
Charger Resource Intervention
- This prescribed intervention is offered to students who have demonstrated a need for additional academic support in one or more of their classes. This intervention is held in the Media Center on Tuesday and Thursday from 3pm-6pm every other week.
- SWSC List of Tutors - list of teachers who tutor students in various subject areas; please contact non-District 230 teachers for tutoring. (VJA, AAS, and CRL SND are the District 230 schools.)
- Khan Academy - short video lessons on various Science-related topics as well as SAT and AP test prep
- Albert.io - digital question bank of practice questions for all content areas including SAT and AP test prep