Greetings, Class of 2026! We would like to take the opportunity to welcome you and your child to the Stagg family! We know that your child's transition from eighth grade to high school is both exciting and filled with many questions. Please use this page to serve as a resource in the transition to high school process. TRANSITION STEPS TO HIGH SCHOOL
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR INCOMING FRESHMAN:
Parent(s)/legal guardian(s) are asked to enroll their new student using the online Laserfiche system. Laserfiche is a two-step process that involves the D230 Registration Form and the D230 Medical Information Form. The third component in the Registration process is Residency Verification. Please note, course selections will not be valid unless you complete all steps in the Registration process.
- D230 Registration Form - Completed by March 31, 2022. The D230 Registration Form is the process of gathering important information about our students and families, including the birth certificate and custodial documents.
- Emergency Information Form - Completed by March 31, 2022. The Emergency Information Form provides the school nurse with valuable information to effectively support your student’s health needs while on campus.
- Dental Exam - Completed by May 1, 2022. The Dental Exam must be completed by a licensed dentist on or after 11/15/21.
- Certificate of Child Health Examination (Physical) - Completed by May 1, 2022. The Certificate of Child Health Examination with proof of immunizations must be completed by a MD, DO, APN or PA on or after 8/17/21. The Health History section on page 2 must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian.
3. Residency Verification
- Beginning in May, District 230 will conduct an annual residency verification process to ensure that all students intending to attend Stagg High School for the subsequent school year reside within Stagg attendance boundaries. In an attempt to streamline this process for our families, District 230 contracts a third party vendor, CLEAR Corporation, to electronically verify your residency. Therefore, you will not need to provide any documents, unless we contact you stating we were unable to electronically verify your residency.
COURSE SELECTION EVENTS:
Virtual Pre-Registration Night - Wednesday, January 26
Stagg will stream a Zoom webinar for the Class of 2026 Pre-Registration Night beginning at 7:00PM. During the webinar, your family will have the opportunity to hear from our administration and counselors regarding many courses and co-curricular offerings as well as important registration information for Stagg High School.
A recording of the event and the access passcode can be found below:Meeting Recording: https://zoom.us/rec/share/
iVfvROxZ5xl4S6d2Y2oN8E_- TWulfqDvCCHW7YoTgyIKnUP5o151ia ESbDGt4RwU.zn2HWO8qDCLMRv_x
Access Passcode: M0!FMSgL
Virtual Course Selection Appointment - Select a time slot for February 1, 2, 3 or 5
An email communication was sent containing parent/guardian login and password information for Skyward to schedule your virtual appointment to meet with a school counselor. Families now have access to go into Skyward to schedule an appointment. Students and families should review their course recommendations and request them in Skyward prior to your counselor appointment. Directions to schedule the virtual appointment and make course selections can be found here. Families will receive an additional email (may need to check your spam folder) with a virtual appointment link prior to your scheduled appointment.
COURSE SELECTION RESOURCES:
This freshman course selection worksheet is a resource to utilize along with the individual course placement sheet as you begin to plan your course selections for next year. The normal course load for any academic year consists of six academic courses plus Period 2 Advisory and lunch. Zero hour is an optional period with a limited selection of courses for students who elect to take an additional course.
The Course Selection & Planning Guide includes specific information about graduation requirements, course descriptions, prerequisites and course fees. Students should consider their post-secondary plans and consider courses that will prepare them for their future, including requirements for specific colleges/universities and programs of interest.
Social Studies: Honors or AP - flyer
Math Enrichment - flyer
Technical Engineering Education - video
Technical Engineering Education - slideshow
Family & Consumer Science - video
Family & Consumer Science - slideshow
Business Education - video
Business Education - slideshow
Thursday, October 22, 2021
Charging Forward: Class of 2026 Open House
Saturday, November 6, 2021
PSAT 8 Placement Test