Common Application Tips
- Students must create (or rollover) an account with Common App after August 1 at www.commonapp.org.
- For Andrew to be able to send transcripts and other documents to Common Application schools using SchooLinks, the student must complete the Common App Account Matching process.
- In your Common App account at www.commonapp.org, you must complete the “current or most recent secondary/high school segment” of the Education section of the Common App tab.
- Add at least one college to My Colleges list.
- Read & sign the FERPA Release Authorization in the Recommenders & FERPA section of My Colleges tab.
- Then, go to the College Application Manager page under the Colleges tab of your SchooLinks Student account to complete the Common App Account Matching process. Your last name and date of birth must be exactly the same in SchooLinks and in your Common App account.
- If you want to request an application fee waiver for a Common App school, you must complete the request from within your Common App account. If you are on free/reduced lunch, you qualify for an application fee waiver. You can find this option by clicking on the Common App tab and then completing the “Common App Fee Waiver” segment of the Profile section.
- If you are applying Early Decision I or II, you and your parent/legal guardian, along with your counselor must complete their part of the Early Decision Agreement. Schedule a meeting with your counselor.