• Some students are in need of instruction provided at home or in the hospital, or another location that temporarily provides for a safe and healthy learning environment. In those situations, a certificate of need is provided by the student’s physician, advanced practice registered nurse, or physician assistant. The school district, in consultation with the parents and the health care provider, determines how much time each day the student can tolerate instructional services

    Medical Certification for Home/Hospital Instruction  This form is to be retained on file in the local school district after completion by a physician licensed to practice medicine in all its branches, APRN or PA.‚Äč

    Home-Hospital Instruction FAQ