At the September 27, 2012 School Board meeting, the following was unanimously approved by all seven School Board members.
I move that the meeting minutes reflect that the administration reviewed and maintained the Option Zone based on the current circumstances and that the School Board establish a District 146 Temporary Transition Zone with Grandfather Clause as defined here.
- District 146’s Central Middle School is assigned to Andrew High School, beginning with high school class of 2017.
- For the high school Classes of 2017, 2018 and 2019, District 146’s Central Middle School are assigned to Andrew High School with the choice to attend Sandburg High School.
- Beginning with the high school Class of 2020, District 146 Central Middle School is assigned to Andrew High School without the choice to attend Sandburg
- A Grandfather Clause establishes that District 146 students with siblings who attended Sandburg are assigned to Andrew but can choose Sandburg until the youngest child in the family graduates from high school.
- Transportation is provided for these students to Sandburg High School through the 2019-20 school year. Beginning with the 2020-2021 school year, families need to provide their own transportation should they chose to attend Sandburg High School.