Hear from our staff and students and learn why you should consider joining our team!
1. Reputation for Excellence D230 is a national and state award-winning district regarding academic programs, co-curricular programs, and financial health, including U.S. News & World Report America's Top High Schools, Niche.com 2019
2. Comprehensive & Competitive Compensation Programs Compensation packages are regionally competitive and include advantageous benefits packages for teachers, support staff, and administrators. To learn more, click on the following links:
Teachers' Association contract
Educational Support Professionals Association contract
Food Service Association contract
3. Your Growth
3. Commitment to Professional Growth D230 values continuous learning and professional growth. We offer development opportunities including training, mentoring & coaching for teachers, on-site and virtual professional development approved for ISBE licensure renewal, and workshops for non-instructional staff.
Top 5 Reasons to Work in D230
4. Shared Commitment to Excellence Our organization is built upon the development and expansion of partnerships involving all stakeholders focusing upon the implementation of our strategic plan. School and district improvement plans are collaboratively developed with input from all stakeholders of the educational community. Continuous improvement is realized through the comprehensive implementation of Professional Learning Communities. Daily advisory periods provide a mechanism to support our students' educational, social, and emotional growth.
5. Nestled in a Great Location D230 is located in the southwest region of the Chicagoland area of Illinois in the thriving suburbs of Orland Park, Palos Hills, Tinley Park, Orland Hills, Palos Heights, Palos Park, Hickory Hills, Bridgeview, Worth, Oak Forest and Willow Springs. These communities are family-friendly, offer a variety of amenities in terms of cultural events, restaurants, activities, shops, and offer a variety of residential options. We are a quick 30-minute drive into downtown Chicago.
New Teacher Stories
Psychology of Teaching
In District 230, our staff inspires and empowers. Our students. Our colleagues. Our community.
Every member of the school community is committed to providing innovative learning opportunities that inspire empathy and empower leadership.
These are a few of those stories.
Trying New Things
Running Close to Home
Orchestrating a Stretch
Equity and Inclusion
Meditating and Song
HUMAN RESOURCES STAFF
Dr. Julia Wheaton
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Secretary to Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist
Employee Conduct Standards - Board Policy 5:120 - Administrative Procedure 2
Title IX Resources