FALL 2021 VIRTUAL COLLEGE ADMISSION REP PANELS
1. Every Wednesday-Sept. 15th to Nov. 3rd 2021 from 8am to 9am we will host a VIRTUAL College Admission Panel with a variety of colleges/universities. Open to all students to sign up.
College Panel #1, Wed., Sept. 15th featuring: Illinois State University, University of Alabama, Drake University, School of the Art Institute (Chicago), Northwestern University and University of St. Francis
>ZOOM RECORDING Passcode: 7p$T9?LP
College Panel #2, Wed. Sept. 22nd featuring: Augustana University, Governors State University, American Academy of Art, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, Xavier University (Ohio), Rice University
>ZOOM RECORDING Passcode: 1rs$XHZQ
College Panel #3, Wed. Sept. 29th featuring: Marquette University, Bradley University, St. Ambrose University, Grand Valley State University, University of Illinois at Chicago(UIC), College for Creative Studies
>ZOOM RECORDING Passcode: h+YiA*c3
College Panel #4, Wed. Oct. 6th featuring: Miami(Ohio) University, Valparaiso University, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, University of Maryland, Eastern Illinois University and Ball State University
>ZOOM RECORDING Passcode: cx#$9=S4
College Panel #5, Wed. Oct. 20th featuring: University of Chicago, , Illinois College, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, DePaul University, Savannah College of Art/Design, IUPUI, and Purdue University
College Panel #6, Wed. Oct. 27th featuring: Michigan State University, Illinois Tech, Butler University, University of Notre Dame, University of Wisconsin-Madison and Northern Illinois University
College Panel #7, Wed. Nov. 3rd featuring: Lewis University, Western Illinois University, University of Arizona, University of Cincinnati and Benedictine University
2. Sign up to attend the VIRTUAL visit here: D230 STUDENT VISIT SIGN UP FORM
3. Students will receive an email with a ZOOM link to attend the college virtual meeting!
*How to Enroll a New Student*
Before we can make an appointment to register your student, there are four mandatory DOCUMENTS you will need to download and complete. Please ensure you bring completed forms, birth certificate, student records and residency documentation to your scheduled appointment. Hard copies only accepted.
Registrations will be scheduled by appointment only. To register your student at Carl Sandburg High School, please call the Guidance Office at 708-671-3125.
SENIORS-Class of 2022
- **NEW SCHOOLINKS APP.- Seniors will use this platform to work on College applications.
- SENIOR INFORMATION PACKET
- SENIOR ADVISORY PRESENTATION
- SENIOR COLLEGE FAQ
- Test Optional College List
- List of College/University Testing Policies for Admission (SAT/ACT)
- SAT & ACT UPCOMING NATIONAL TEST DATES
- Conquering College Costs- Financial Aid/Scholarship Video
- NCAA ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY COVID UPDATE- AUGUST 18, 2021
- Request for Letter of Recommendation Form- please remember to check if the college you are applying to requires a letter of recommendation?
SPRING 2021 D230 COLLEGE PANELS
Juniors-Class of 2023
Sophomores-Class of 2024
Freshmen-Class of 2025
General Information for 2021-2022
Completion of the FAFSA is now a requirement for graduation in the State of Illinois. Federal Financial Aid forms are available for completion at www.fafsa.gov. Parents and students are required to use their tax information from 2020 while completing the form. Those choosing not to complete it, will be required to complete the ISBE Waiver Form and submit it to Ms. McFarland (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Guidance Department is here to support Sandburg students & families. We are a resource for you to connect to the school and to ensure that each student has a positive experience while in high school.
(NEW) APRIL 2021: MENTAL WELLNESS VIRTUAL PRESENTATION
The Sandburg Guidance Department will communicate out important information to students & families this school year through the following platforms:
TWITTER- follow us @CS_Guidance
FALL 2021 NEWSLETTER (Coming soon)
REMIND ME text service. Sign up instructions:
Class of 2022: text @6c6e7d to the number 81010
Class of 2023: text @4gfg9 to the number 81010
Class of 2024: text @2024cs to the number 81010
Class of 2025: text @798gad to the number 81010