Carl Sandburg High School’s Academic Challenge Engineering Science Club (ACES) competitive team placed 3rd at the Regional Competition and will advance to sectionals later this month.
ACES is an academic competition offering students opportunities to challenge their math and science skills and problem-solving abilities in a variety of areas. Students compete at various levels.
Club sponsor Jennifer Pierce said, “Their hard work and dedication paid off as we swept English, taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in addition to earning awards in Biology, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics & Math!”
- Senior Layna Oberg took 1st place in English and 3rd place in Biology
- Sophomore Keslyn Barnish took 1st place in Biology and 2nd place in English
- Senior George Pytel took 1st place in Engineering Graphics
- Junior Taran Polavarapo took 1st place in Computer Science
- Senior Christian Pytel took 2nd place in Physics
- Sophomore Brandon Torres took 3rd place in Math
- Senior Safiya Otry took 3rd place in English