- Amos Alonzo Stagg High School
Dear Stagg Families,
Welcome back Chargers! The start of the school year has gone very smoothly with students and staff now developing the pace and rhythm that defines a school year. I have had the opportunity to work with Stagg student leaders this year and we are very excited to begin defining the success of the 2019-2020 school year. As the year progresses, please make sure that you take time to read newsletters and communications from the school so you and your child can plan for all of the events and important work of their high school career.
As parents, it is easy to distance ourselves from our child’s education, as they grow older and more independent. However, the research is clear, involved parents increase the likelihood of their child’s educational success. There are many ways to become more involved in your child’s high school experience.
- Take time each week to review your child’s grades, attendance and discipline in Skyward. If you need assistance accessing Skyward, please feel free to contact the school and our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Ask your student about their day! This might seem like a minor act, and the busy life of a student and parent often makes this simple act difficult. Make sure you set time aside for this daily.
- Join one of our parent organizations! Stagg’s PTO, Music Boosters, Athletic Boosters and District 230 Educational foundation are all ways to become active members of the school community while providing an opportunity to be social with parents of high school students just like you!
- Come to our great school and watch an athletic event, attend a band or choir concert, or watch one of our plays or musicals! Our students are tremendously talented and whether your child is involved in one of these events or not it is a great opportunity to see Stagg’s greatest asset, our students!
- If you have a question, just email or call! Often parents feel like the high school is too busy to answer simple questions, but this is far from true. Our staff is ready to assist parents and students whatever they may need.
The beginning of the school year is an exciting time. Schools are one of the few times in our lives that we can start fresh each year, refocus our efforts and set new goals. Please take time with your child to discuss what his or her goals are for the year and develop an action plan to make sure those goals are realized. If you have any questions, or need assistance, your child’s guidance counselor is a great resource to assist your family in planning for a successful school year.
Have a great start to the school year and GO CHARGERS!